New Testament Scripture Mastery Couplets – Rapping strongly discouraged.
1. To be a light of the world you should always strive, to shine before men just like in Matthew 5.
2. Whom will you serve? You have just one pick. Will it be God or mammon, asks Matthew 6.
3. Thou art the Christ, Peter says, his eyes keen, and gets the kingdom’s keys in Matthew 16.
4. “And the King” is how Matthew 25:40 begins, “Ye have done it unto me” is how the verse ends.
5. The apostles were startled, when the risen Jesus appeared, In Luke 24, he explains it’s not weird.
6. Be born of water, Jesus said in John 3, and of the spirit to progress in glory.
7. Do God’s will and know doctrine, get closer to heaven. This is what Christ taught in John chapter 7.
8. Baa, baa! Where have the other sheep been? Christ will go find them like it says in John 10.
9. It takes more energy to write a couplet than to say, “John 14:15, If ye love me, keep my commandments.”
10. Know the only true God and what he came to be, Christ fervently prays in John 17:3.
11. Stephen, an apostle, was stoned and saw heaven, God and Jesus separately as a part of Acts 7.
12. Being not ashamed of the gospel is not always fun, Can you declare the truth like Paul in Romans 1?
13. Temptation will meet us again and again, But we can escape says 1 Corinthians 10.
14. Christ overcame death, for me and for you, to save ALL, says 1 Corinthians 15:20-22.
15. In the spirit world, there’s still a long line, for baptism taught in 1 Corinthians 15:29.
16. Telestial, terrestrial, celestial, it’s true- three glories in 1 Corinthians 15:40-42.
17. The Church is organized as in days of yore, for perfecting the saints, says Ephesians 4.
18. The apostasy is the Dark Ages to you and me. It was foretold in 2 Thessalonians 2:1-3.
19. The world gets more wicked while we’re still alive. Be alert, warns 2 Timothy 3:1-5.
20. The scriptures inspire, fill in between, what’s not always clear, counsels 2 Timothy 3:16-17.
21. If you lack any wisdom, it’s not that you’re dumb; just ask God for help, like it says in James 1.
22. Don’t do and believe and don’t believe and do. Faith without works is dead, says James 2.
23. As unto Aaron, God’s priesthood is conferred. In Hebrews 5, Paul gives you his word.
24. Angel Moroni restores the gospel foreseen. And more angels minister in Revelation 14.
25. Books of life will help judge the dead; If you know Revelation 20, you will come out ahead.