Baby Girl seemed to know when I picked up the camera. I’d feel her move and want to get it on video, but once I turned the camera on, she became quiet. So I had to be sneaky about it. The camera captured minutes and minutes of stillness, except the 20 seconds or so you see in the video.
The segments you see are in the order they were filmed. Our baby obviously came up with a well-planned storyboard and didn’t depart from it.
I’m sitting sort of slumped back on the couch. Baby Girl moves best and most often when I’m in this semi-reclined position.
Baby Girl quickly warmed up to the idea of another video about her. She insists on the credits being longer than the actual video; sorry about that. She likes seeing her not-yet-decided name rolling up the screen.
The video was fun to make, but I also consider this real documentation, acknowledging our blessings. Besides, it’s important to preserve certain things for posterity and the improvement of the human race.
Our daughter would like you to know the rules for watching this video:
- make fun of Mommy’s tummy
- laugh, unless it’s out of awe and excitement
- say out loud how cheesy you think it is
- watch with the sound on. In Baby Girl’s opinion, the soundtrack is one of the greatest introductions to anything she’s ever heard.
- watch closely. The movements may look like indistinguishable jiggles, but they’re actually quite distinct.
- smile a lot
- be nice
Depending on what Baby Girl wants, she may post more videos in the coming weeks.