So, I still receive email updates from a ward I attended in New York City. Right now, they’re preparing for impact from Hurricane Irene. I’m tons of worried about my friends there. Hey, kids. You’re in my prayers.
Thursday, August 25, 2011 11:17 PM
As you all prepare for the hurricane, there are a number of things you should do immediately (if you haven’t already done so):
1. Please see the hurricane map HERE to determine if you live within an evacuation zone. It is likely that it will be a category 1 hurricane, which means that zone A might be evacuated. Please stay tuned to what public officials say in terms of evacuations. The evacuations could be voluntary or mandatory (by law).
2. Please make sure your 72 hour kit is ready to go.
3. We need volunteers. If you do not live in an evacuation zone, we need volunteers who would be willing to temporarily house ward members who might be asked or required to evacuate. Please e-mail [this person] if you would be willing to house displaced members of our ward.
4. Please e-mail [the same person] if you live within evacuation zone A and let us know what your plans are (and if you need a place to stay). We would like to have a complete database to keep track of everyone in evacuation zone A.
5. Please be aware that public transportation might be shut down this weekend. Please pay attention to announcements from city officials for more info.
6. If you have not already done so, please contact those whom you home teach and visit teach to make sure they are prepared and have a plan.
HURRICANE EVACUATION MAP
and HURRICANE BROCHURE
Friday, August 26, 2011 12:58 PM
Please read carefully:
1. Mandatory evacuations have been announced for Zone A. If you live in Zone A, please contact [the same person] as soon as possible to let us know what your plan is. If you need a place to go, let us know and we will find a place for you.
2. If you would be willing to house members who have been evacuated, please email Kimber.Crandall@gmail.com to let us know (if you haven’t already done so).
3. All public transportation will be shut down beginning noon tomorrow. Please plan accordingly.
4. Church is cancelled on Sunday.
5. Please circulate this infomation with those you home teach or visit teach.