I know I don’t talk to a lot of you on a regular basis, and sometimes the conversation goes a certain way. Most of the time. You know what I mean. I’ve been having this kind of discussion for 18 years, ever since I was old enough to date?
If you decide to ask me if I’m dating anyone, just be aware that I will know:
- if you’re merely curious
- if you are concerned about my overall happiness and would meddle if you could
- if you want to brag about your current amazing relationship, which, if you’d just tell me already, I’d be very excited for you.
Now, I can hold up my end of the conversation, and my intuition serves me well. I may call you out on your intentions, or I may not. But please also be aware that:
- if I want to tell you if I’m dating, I will
- if I’m not dating, it doesn’t mean I’m sad or pathetic
- I really do appreciate your company, but if I’m not outright complaining about dating, you really don’t have to worry or try to fix anything. I’m doing great. I promise.